Bob Jones & Associates, Inc. is a U.S. based recruiting firm providing permanent placement services. Currently, we are looking for a Combustion Engineer based in Lebanon, Tennessee.
Company / Location Information
They are one of the leading manufacturers of water heating and water treatment technologies in the world. They are a $3.8 billion company with 140+ years history of which employ more than 12,000 individuals globally who pride themselves on providing the world with innovative water technology. They are committed to Continuous Improvement, not just in their factories or processes, but in their people.
As the Staff Engineer - New Product Development (Gas Combustion Product), you will work with industry & universities to develop new technologies and standards. In addition, you will act as technical leader to others within the Company and provide technical direction to co-workers in area of expertise and ensures co-workers have technical information to make projects successful.
- Identifies projects of value to the company.
- Directs use of specific CAE software such as Solidworks, MATLAB, LabView, Minitab, EES, CFD, FEA, etc. and interprets results
- Effectively communicates technical material to internal business units.
- Regular collaboration with product design and manufacturing, may lead functional best practice meetings, and has a recognized reputation of contribution to operations.
- Solid understanding of client processes and customers, participates in functional best practices, and has recognized expertise by operations.
- Have significant technical accomplishments for the Company.
- Able to balance & prioritize multiple projects within schedule and budget.
- Helps coordinate projects with outside funding.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leader in its industry. This is a full-time opportunity. Please submit most recent resume for quick and confidential consideration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field plus 5 years of experience (OR) Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field plus 3 years of experience (OR) Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of gas combustion products experience dealing with water heaters , gas furnace or related heating equipment
- Understanding of water heating functions including gas combustion , heat transfer, airflow, and exhaust venting
- Experience with application of various components used with gas water heaters such as Blowers, gas valves, venturi , and burner
- Understanding of Design/simulation/analysis tools such as Solidworks, LabVIEW, EES, CFD, FEA and ERP software (SAP or similar), will be helpful
- Background in heat transfer, fluids, electrical-mechanical products and regulatory & code compliance.
- Ability to model system layouts or direct design team to develop system layouts and specifications. SolidWorks /CAD knowledge is helpful.
- Excellent analytical skills for reviewing costs and preparing budget reports
- Ability to travel for product testing at other sites, review of field installations, and to attend meetings with other client Engineering teams.