Bob Jones & Associates, Inc. is a U.S. based recruiting firm providing permanent placement services. Currently, we are looking for a EH&S Engineer based in Florence, Kentucky.
Our client is a multibillion-dollar international manufacturer who has an immediate opening for an EH&S Engineer based in Florence, Kentucky.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
• Ensure Site maintains continuous “audit ready” state of compliance with company and
governmental EHS Standards. Regular plant floor walkarounds to conduct various audits and
help correct safety risks. Keep up with EHS calendar and ensure all legal and required tasks are
being completed on time.
• Accountable for the execution of all sites Environmental Permit Compliance, including Air,
Stormwater, Water, and Wastewater
• Ensures all testing required through permits and company standards are met on time.
• Manage current waste streams and track trends for opportunities for waste reduction and
ensure compliance of disposal of wastes
• Oversee EHS Programs to include assigned continuous improvement items, track corrective
actions, and work with other functions to ensure completion of non-conformances and
• Delivers training and coaching to establish clear understanding / engagement by all site
associates on EHS expectations aligning with OSHA regulations and Training.
• Ensures investigation of all EHS related incidents utilizing specific tools to drive to root cause
and identify actions to prevent reoccurrence. Drives completion of recognized corrective actions.
to prevent incident reoccurrence are effectively implemented, this includes execution of
corrective actions and best practices developed within the company.
• Partners with site EHS Manager, as a EHS technical expert, providing technical
expertise/coaching as needed in all areas and initiatives of the function.
• Assists with emergency action efforts and ensures the site emergency response team (ERT) has
the tools, skills and knowledge to effectively respond to site EHS emergencies.
• Leads site efforts to measure and improve Industrial Hygiene Risk. This includes but is not
limited to ergonomics, dust, noise, and chemical exposure. Coordinates all necessary IH and
audiometric monitoring conducted annually and as needed. Lead site ergonomics initiative to
reduce ergo risks.
• Assists with execution of site security requirements (CTPAT) in order to meet corporate
standards and with the oversight of security operations on the site.
• Track all safety incidents and concerns to identify and analyze trends, develop methods to show
and communicate trends to all team members, and work with EHS Manager and safety team to
develop solutions and initiates to reduce safety risks.
• Compile EHS data and complete monthly EHSS reporting.
• Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s Degree in health, safety, environmental, Industrial Hygiene, or related field.
• 3-5 years of experience in EHS related field with strong technical and regulatory knowledge and
expertise, required including EPA, OSHA and DOT preferred.
• Must have the ability to positively influence safe behaviors and present technical material to
• Ability to interact with site level manufacturing/business management and federal regulatory
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including a high level of comfort developing and
delivering training and motivational presentations to all levels of team members is a must.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leader in its industry. This is a full-time opportunity. Please submit most recent resume for quick and confidential consideration.