Bob Jones & Associates, Inc. is a U.S. based recruiting firm providing permanent placement services. Currently, we are looking for an Senior Data Engineer
based in the Seattle/Redmond, WA.
Our client is a customer acquisition solutions provider powered by technology and data science. The company provides industry-leading solutions designed to reach consumers shopping within high-consideration categories such as property and casualty insurance, health and life insurance, personal finance, travel, education and more.
We are looking for a result-driven, analytical and creative Senior Data Engineer to join their technology team. This individual should be an innovative problem solver, self-motivated and highly organized with prior experience building and deploying predictive models that can make real-time low-latency predictions.
As a Senior Data Engineer at our client, you will take part in all aspects of the software development lifecycle. This includes working with stakeholders in defining the problems, identifying possible solutions, and implementing and iterating through solutions. You will get to run statistical analysis on large data sets, and prepare and deploy predictive models at scale. The ideal candidate will enjoy designing, problem solving and implementing production-ready solutions that process and analyze hundreds of thousands of ad transactions a day.
- Own the full development lifecycle of implementing several high-performance real-time predictive engines that enable ad serving decisioning from data management to model training and evaluation to deployment and monitoring.
- Develop robust and scalable code to analyze ad performance data for optimization.
- Support and lead specific ad-hoc projects across our four product verticals.
- Work within a Perl development environment on a Linux platform.
- Be part of a team that maintains and supports their live proprietary Exchange platform.
- Train and mentor less experienced data engineers.
- Experience implementing statistical models, machine learning, and analysis (Prediction, Classification, Clustering, time series forecasting, regression models, etc.) using Python and Jupyter.
- Performance marketing or ad ranking experience.
- Experience creating pipelines to return predictions from raw data.
- Ability to visualize results/analysis and explain them proficiently using matplotlib, plotly, seaborn, etc.
- Working knowledge of relational data modeling and SQL.
- Proficient in JSON and RegEx.
- Strong programming skills including software engineering methodologies and best practices.
- Experience using web APIs.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Ability to articulate and communicate clearly, concisely, and thoughtfully.
- Ability to handle-multiple and simultaneous tasks while meeting aggressive deadlines.
- A self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and ability to problem solve, while paying careful attention to detail.
- Experience working with engineers and non-technical stakeholders.
- Be a champion of instilling excellence in coding and quality into the team and culture.
- B.S. required, preferably in a technical discipline (e.g., computer science).
- Experience with Perl programming a plus.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and JS a plus.
- Experience using Docker, a plus.
- Experience working on an AWS development environment.
- Experience using Git/Dvc or other VCS.
- Highly competitive salary, bonus and equity program participation.
- High-quality health and dental care plans with no employee contributions and zero deductibles (in-network). Flexible spending account.
- Unlimited PTO.
- 401K company contribution program (after 90 days).
- Professional training and education reimbursements.
- Generous employee perks (e.g., mobile phone program, gym membership).
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leader in its industry. This is a full-time opportunity. With full benefits. Compensation commensurate with experience plus bonus. Please submit most recent resume for quick and confidential consideration.