Bob Jones & Associates, Inc. is a U.S. based recruiting firm providing permanent placement services. Currently we are looking for an Sr. Solution Architect based in Indianapolis Indiana. First working remote then working onsite at a later date.
At our client, they deliver on promises when customers need them most. They believe the best way to serve their customers is to know that every individual, employee, family and business they work with has unique personal and financial goals. They keep their promises, so they can help them achieve their goals and realize their definition of financial success.
Responsible for providing thought leadership and architecting cost-effective solutions to business problems. They are responsible for making sure the design follows client principles, policies and standards that are in alignment with the IT strategy and roadmaps with a primary focus on business outcomes.
Required Education and/or Certifications
- The primary role of a Web & Mobile Solution Architect Senior is to provide technical help and architect cost effective and secure Web & Mobile solutions to meet our customer demands.
- Follow OneAmerica web and mobile architecture best practices, standards and processes
- Provide consultation for Web and Mobile delivery at OneAmerica
- Partner with Leadership to Identify and plan continuous improvement within the web and mobile practice
- Any Web Technologies certification is a plus
- DevOps Environment with automation first mind set
- Considers multiple, varied alternatives and recommends appropriate solutions based on cost/benefit analysis.
- Partners with Enterprise Architecture to facilitate and support execution of pilot and or proof of concept activities to validate technology capabilities.
- Collaborates with and owns getting buy in and consensus on approach / concept diagrams from infrastructure and delivery teams.
- Provides infrastructure capacity recommendations, IT ops support projections for new and containment applications and systems.
- Tracks and manages component interdependencies.
- Assess and evaluate project risks during planning and provide risk mitigation recommendations
- Mentor, coach, and train Tech Leads and project teams on Solution Architecture practice.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelors’ degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or related fields.
Required Work Experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities with ability to quickly understand and assess complex models and business processes when designing solutions.
- Demonstrate strong business minded consultative approach with focus on developing customer-centric solutions.
- Comfortable working with incomplete information and seeks to explore, analyze and collect information to increase understanding of a topic or issue.
- Ability to apply strategic thinking, engineering mindset and industry standard approaches when designing solutions.
- Ability to represent information following a defined design standard, using a combination of graphical and textual elements.
- Ability to choose the appropriate type of model or architectural patter to solve specific problems.
- Gain support for ideas and be able to drive consensus on technical challenges. Able to rally people/ teams to move towards a common goal.
- Excellent communication skills to explain complex technical topics in an easily digestible manner to technologist, leadership and business partners.
- Any Cloud or Architecture certification is a plus
- Prior experience working as a Solution Architect is a plus
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- 7+ years of business analyst or related experience
- Or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, The selected candidate will be expected to temporarily work remotely for an unspecified period of time as determined in client's sole discretion. When normal business operations resume, the selected candidate will be expected to physically return to work in the office located in Indianapolis, IN.