Bob Jones & Associates, Inc. is a U.S. based recruiting firm providing permanent placement services. Currently we are looking for an Enterprise Cloud Architect/Lead based in Indianapolis Indiana. First working remote then working onsite at a later date.
At our client, they deliver on promises when customers need them most. They believe the best way to serve their customers is to know that every individual, employee, family and business they work with has unique personal and financial goals. They keep their promises, so they can help them achieve their goals and realize their definition of financial success.
The Information Technology department at client is currently on a journey to transform our current capabilities to become a digitally enabled organization. They are shifting from stand-alone systems to collaborative intelligent solutions that work together to deliver workflow management, customer engagement, data and innovation. Their cloud teams have the potential to shape the future by solving thought-provoking problems and using transformational technologies to further enhance their capabilities in this journey. You’ll have the chance to thrive in a culture of ownership and delivery as these efforts continue to expand. These opportunities can enable you to be at the center of a groundbreaking transformational success story at client. Fueling this transformation are their greatest assets, their people, who are key to the success of delivering on their promises when customers need them most. As a result, they remain committed to embracing the values of their associates while advancing client's goals of Growth, Strength, and Excellence.
The Enterprise Cloud Architect/Lead will be responsible for driving client's migration from a traditional infrastructure environment to a cloud first infrastructure. The leader will lead development of the foundational elements needed to successfully deploy and manage cloud-based infrastructure and services. The leader will drive the definition and delivery of the future state direction for usage of cloud capabilities at client. The Enterprise Cloud Architect/Lead stays abreast of the fast-moving cloud space and uses that knowledge to define and drive new cloud solutions enabling developers to utilize cloud technologies and capabilities to deliver value for our business.
- Lead the planning and execution of client's infrastructure migration to the cloud
- Lead the strategic direction for client's future direction for the usage of cloud services
- Lead the definition of Standards, Policies and Procedures and best practices for the usage of cloud-based services and infrastructure
- Identify solutions that represent opportunities to leverage cloud services and architectures by evaluating quality attributes, technology risk, capacity variability, and other factors where a cloud native architecture solution can add benefit to the overall solution.
- Identifying the best technical solutions that can be rolled out efficiently and, in a cost-effective manner
- Lead and advise teams building solutions on cloud platforms including: design, planning, management, maintenance and assessing systems for potential weaknesses or issues.
- Collaborate across organizational functions to identify communications, change management and training needs driven by the adoption of cloud technologies
- Facilitate technical and design discussions with IT executives to help the enterprise improve outcomes thru new cloud technologies and practices
- Lead the evaluation of technology choices (network, compute, storage, and other service enabled capabilities) through the larger cloud team and collaboration with other part of the enterprise.
- Ensures appropriate operational procedures, processes and tools are in place and appropriately managed.
- Understand the financial impacts of cloud based architectural decisions and lead cloud cost management solutions, forecasting and proactive cloud management practices.
- Effectively communicates across the enterprise cloud expenses and opportunities to manage cost
- 10+ years' experience with IT Infrastructure, Operations, or Applications support
- 10+ years' experience in designing and implementation of complex IT systems or consulting experience with distributed applications or systems architecture
- 5+ years of experience in Enterprise architecture
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Cloud Architecture or Solution Architecture role
- Experience in implementing SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS Architectures
- 3-5 years of practical Architecture experience with Azure Web Services
- 3-5 years of cloud experience, focusing on networking, infrastructure management concepts and tools
- Experience developing software using API calls, microservices, serverless compute
- Experience using DevOps tools and processes; creation of CI/CD pipelines
- Demonstrated Cloud development experience, deployment models and related experience (Private/Public/Hybrid cloud).
- Possesses expert level understanding of cloud-based computing
- Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- An expert communicator up, down, and across reporting lines
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment
- Ability to coordinate between cross-functional teams
- Well organized and possess outstanding follow-through and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication and diplomacy skills, as well as a passion for leading
- Professional Cloud Certifications such as AWS, and/or Azure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related business discipline or equivalent work experience in addition to role specific certifications and education
- Or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, The selected candidate will be expected to temporarily work remotely for an unspecified period of time as determined in client's sole discretion. When normal business operations resume, the selected candidate will be expected to physically return to work in the office located in Indianapolis, IN.