Bob Jones & Associates, Inc. is a U.S. based recruiting firm providing permanent placement services through contingency or retained search.
Our client is seeking a Continuous Improvement Engineer for their Waterloo, Iowa location. This employee is responsible for executing continuous improvement projects to reduce overall manufacturing costs throughout the facilities. This will include cycle time improvements, plant layout changes, capital equipment proposals, robotic cell layouts, fixture/jig improvements and ergonomic studies.
- Provide overall project leadership towards the continuous improvement culture of the plant.
- Participate and lead during Kaizen events to improve ability to produce high quality parts delivered on time, with a continuous improvement in the year-over-year cost basis.
- Evaluate and improve manufacturing methods and troubleshoot manufacturing problems.
- Responsible for leading the development and implementation of more efficient job processes that improve production efficiencies.
- Analyze and plant space requirements and workflow and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency. Incorporate ergonomic principles into all designs and layout of facility.
- Create ROI for Capex expenditures including timelines to implementation.
- Lead the implementation of and communicate process improvements to personnel. Track results, updates and standard hours in ERP and reports improvements to management.
- Administer and document quality improvement projects with the assistance of the Quality Manager. Propose quality improvement projects to Engineering Manager.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology.
- 5+ years experience in continuous improvement.
- A background in CNC and Fabrication is required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or ability to achieve.
- Previous experience with CNC machining, welding, plate cutting, fixtures, tooling, weld jigs, ISO Systems and CNC programming.
- Ability to leave a small project team.
- Strong problem solving, planning and organization skills.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits Package
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leader in its industry. This is a full-time opportunity. Compensation commensurate with experience. Relocation may be offered for right candidate. Please submit most recent resume for quick and confidential consideration.