Our rigid packaging client company is looking to hire a Supply Chain Manager to their Wytheville, VA location. This SC Manager will manage all phases of purchasing raw materials, production scheduling, control and inventory control while managing the use of the SAP system. This Manager will manage the warehouse functions including shipping and receiving as well as transportation functions with outside carriers.
- Purchase raw materials including preforms, pallets, tier sheets, and top frames as well as other materials
- Negotiate and set up new vendors and purchasing contracts. Assist in finding sources for improved products, lower costs and faster delivery.
- Manage the warehouse functions including receiving of raw materials, shipping of finished goods and organizing of both in the warehouse area.
- Handle physical inventory of raw materials and finished goods and reconcile actual usage as shown on the SAP system. Generate inventory reports as necessary.
- Manage transportation functions and ensure on time delivery of finished goods to customers.
- Monitor raw material consumption and develop plants to maintain production.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- 5+ years in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in a very fast-paced, busy plant environment.
- Supply Chain management, materials management background.
- Plastic, fabrication, packaging materials background highly desired.
Comprehensive Health Benefits Package
Vacation and Paid Time Off