Bob Jones & Associates, Inc. is a U.S. based recruiting firm providing permanent placement services through contingency or retained search.
My client has six of its own production facilities on three continents and over 50 years of experience, my client is dedicated to the creation of innovative solutions that meet the needs of modern mobility through the creation of automotive gears and parts. OEMs and First Tier Suppliers all over the world trust in their customized components and systems for automotive applications. They have the capabilities to partner with their customers at every project stage; from design, engineering and prototyping through testing and validation to series production and stock management. Currently, our client is looking to employ an Direct Purchasing Buyer
based out of Columbus, Indiana.
JOB TITLE:: Direct Purchasing Buyer
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Responsibility and accountability for the purchase of "DIRECT" goods, materials and services to ensure that the company’s operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. This position will be responsible for sourcing, managing and monitoring client’s supply side business partners to optimize and maintain a lean, reliable, low cost and sustainable supply chain.
- Lead and drive cost reduction projects regarding supply of material and services to ensure companies cost reduction targets on the purchasing side are met.
- Ensure that purchasing policies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
- Create and review opportunities to implement best practice purchasing policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance and deliver best value and business savings.
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
- Continuous improvement of procurement processes.
- Manage relationships with current suppliers and develops new relationships with future suppliers.
- Negotiate and manage contract terms with suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders and colleagues.
- Review and negotiate existing agreements to optimize commercial terms.
- Work with suppliers and have a process in place to measure effective performance, quality and compliance. Measure against KPI criteria.
- Ensure professional and consistent supplier management is applied across the supply base in line with the purchasing policy.
- Ensure parts are sourced in full and aligned to production schedules and customer requirements.
Skills and Attributes:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the purchasing strategy.
- Communicate with stakeholders the impact of market change and potential effects on supply. Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimizing cost.
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Purchasing activities.
- Assist Senior Management in ensuring effective relationships with client businesses through maintaining an appropriate interface between procurement and suppliers.
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Proven influencing skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development.
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in a purchasing buyer role within an automotive or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with SAP for procurement and planning strongly desired
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Contract management and supplier experience
- Strong negotiating ability with suppliers
- Knowledge and technical understanding of automotive processes and components and supply chain management.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leader in its industry. This is a full time opportunity. Compensation commensurate with experience to include complete benefits. Please submit most recent resume for quick and confidential consideration.