Our client delivers on promises when customers need them most. They believe the best way to serve their customers is to know that every individual, employee, family and business they work with has unique personal and financial goals. They keep their promises, so they can help them achieve their goals and realize their definition of financial success.
This position is responsible for leading the individual life insurance valuation function as part of the corporate valuation team. Key responsibilities include:
- Quarterly valuation for the company’s whole life, term, UL, and VUL products, including unlocking and loss recognition analysis
- Knowledge leadership for valuation and accounting standards applicable to individual life products
- Assumption setting, including review and analysis of experience studies
- Standing up new products on the company’s valuation systems
- Monitoring regulatory and accounting changes related to individual life insurance business.
- Ensuring documentation and controls are appropriate and maintained
- Partnering with the line of business finance teams to provide insight into financial results
- Management, leadership, and development of actuarial students on the team
- FSA preferred, though career ASA’s with significant experience will be considered
- 7 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of GAAP and statutory accounting for individual life products
- A demonstrated record of leadership, intellectual curiosity, initiative, and the ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- The ideal candidate will be an excellent problem solver, have exceptional cross-functional collaboration skills, possess strong communication skills, and have the ability to work with a wide variety of business partners and audiences
- Experience with actuarial modeling software
- Candidates are expected to exhibit energy, be energizing to others, bring an edge to the team, be execution focused, and have demonstrated passion for both their work and that of their team.